Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The New Phonebooks are Here!

At long last, after much disappointment,

New Parts are Arriving!

Got the new Nitto MT-10 stem today from Ben's Cycles, after Universal Cycles pooched the order.  225mm stem, plus another 100mm extension at a 35 degree angle.  That should give me the upright riding position I'm after, with room to spare.  Finally, I will able to tighten a bolt or two!

O.  Very nice.  Shiny.

Stock Trek 700 stem vs. Nitto MT-10 "Dirt Drop"

It is loooong.  Hopefully not too long.  The Trek 700 doesn't have a very long head tube.  Time to find out.

Nitto MT-10 "Dirt Drop" stem with Wald 867 bars and Tektro RX 4.1 reverse brake lever


Aw, yeah.  Now we're getting somewhere.  Wow.  That's a lot of stem.  Flashback 20 years, to when I picked between two sizes of bike, and chose the smaller frame for when I was on dirt paths.  The larger frame would have less seat post and stem showing, I think.

Oh well.  It feels very comfortable.  Now I just need to sit on my hands waiting for the brake cables and housings to arrive.  I can ride it without shifters, but riding it without brakes seems like a rather bad idea.  They should come on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment